Observed annually on the 15th September (Agatha Christie's birthday), Cozy Mystery Day helps us to celebrate all of the wonderful cozy mystery books, authors, movies, and television series we have in the world.
Let's face it, there is nothing better than kicking back with a 'cozie' and a cup of cocoa by the fire after a rotten day at work, school, or in the daily grind of life. Cozy mystery books, movies, and shows are the perfect pick me up for any occasion.
Post a Selfie with a Magnifying Glass
Just for fun, let's all post a selfie with a magnifying glass on the 15th September and use the hashtag #cozymysteryday to see if we can get our favourite genre trending on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and across other social media platforms.
How Do I Celebrate #cozymysteryday and can Anyone Get Involved?
All grown up and graduated, Valor Tarquin Scott, son to Earl and Countess Scott, owns The Ginger’s Bread, a biscuit shop, in Grasmere in the Lake District. The love of his life, Bishan Tamboli, has turned his music studies into a successful career playing with the London Symphony Orchestra. It’s a perfect life with their cat, spending evenings watching Poirot on the television.
Clare Cosi used to manage New York City’s historic Village Blend coffeehouse, until she opted for quieter pastures and a more suburban life. But after ten years away she’s back in action and back to the grind, serving up steaming hot caffeine one cup at a time.
With a sprawling rent-free apartment directly above the coffeehouse, her cat Java by her side, and plenty of redecorating ideas, Clare is thrilled to return to work—until she discovers the assistant manager dead in the back of the store, coffee grounds strewn everywhere.
Tyler can't inherit unless he gets married . . . and when Glen proposes, hijinks ensue. Follow the guys on their world-spanning adventure as they defeat mobsters, an evil step-mother, a rakish brother-in-law and pirates. No, really -- pirates! Plus there's an underground super-base. And hockey. Come for the romance, stay for the hockey.
Amateur sleuth, Simon Kirby-Jones is looking forward to settling into his new home in the quaint British village of Snupperton—despite a few potential challenges. Not only is Simon an American, but he’s also a gay vampire who controls his vampiric urges and sun sensitivity with an effective medication.
Delighted to be in the cozy English village of his dreams, he’s eager to make Snupperton his home, and joins the fundraising committee of the local church. But at the first meeting, an argument breaks out between the town matriarch Lady Prunella Blitherington, and the nosy village postmaster, Abigail Winterton.
When Abigail is found murdered the next day, Simon determines to reveal the murderer in town-- and in the process discovers all the delightfully sordid secrets of Snupperton!
Schoolteacher Adam Matthews just wants to help select a new headteacher and go home. The governors at Lindenshaw St Crispin’s have already failed miserably at finding the right candidate, so it’s make or break this second time round. But when one of the applicants is found strangled in the school, what should have been a straightforward decision turns tempestuous as a flash flood in their small English village.
Inspector Robin Bright isn’t thrilled to be back at St. Crispin’s. Memories of his days there are foul enough without tossing in a complicated murder case. And that handsome young teacher has him reminding himself not to fraternize with a witness. But it’s not long before Robin is relying on Adam for more than just his testimony.
Shay O'Hanlon is the co-owner of the hip, quirky Rabbit Hole, a popular coffee shop in Uptown Minneapolis. Police detective JT Bordeaux and her partner show up at the Hole in search of Shay's best friend, Coop – a chain-smoking, vegetarian tree hugger – who's wanted for questioning in connection with the bludgeoning death of his less-than-respectable boss, Stanley "Kinky" Anderson. Coop's prints are all over the murder weapon – an over-sized, bronzed bingo marker – and the cops have themselves a prime suspect.
Audiobooks You Can Download for a Discount with Your Ebook
More LGBT Cozies to Explore
How to Celebrate LGBT Cozies on #cozymysteryday
There are loads of fun things you can do to mark the day, the most important thing is to have fun and get people talking about how fab cozy mysteries are.
Never come across #nationaleatwhatyouwantday before? Well, this national day is all about treating yourself by giving in to those cravings - for one day only. Need some suggestions for things to eat, here's a list to start you off:
| || || |
May 3rd is National Paranormal Day. Each year on this day all people who believe in paranormal activities are encouraged to get together and share their experiences with each other.
Paranormal is a term used to describe occurrences that can’t be explained by ordinary scientific measures. They are outside the norm.
Even those who don’t believe in the paranormal can participate in National Paranormal Day. There are a wide variety of movies, documentaries and science-fiction books and television shows specializing in this genre.
Lá Fhéile Pádraig sona!
St Patrick's Day Cozy Mystery Books
Irish Themed Cozy Mystery Books
Audiobooks that you can Buy for a Discount when you get the Ebook
Free Books (Not Just Cozies)
Cozy Mystery Day
Observed annually on the 15th September (Agatha Christie's birthday), Cozy Mystery Day helps us to celebrate all of the wonderful cozy mystery books and authors we have in the world.
Let's face it, there is nothing better than kicking back with a 'cozie' and a cup of cocoa by the fire after a rotten day at work, school, or in the daily grind of life. Cozy mystery books are the perfect pick me up for any occasion.
How to Observe
- share your favourite quote or line from a cozy mystery book
- post a photo of your ideal cozy reading spot
- cook up one of the recipes from the back of a culinary cozy mystery (this cozy mystery recipe book is free)
- knit or sew a pattern or make something from one of your favourite crafts, sewing, quilting, or crochet cozies
- send a card to your favourite cozy mystery author, or if you are an author, send a card to your readers or fans
- leave a review on a cozy mystery book on Amazon, Goodreads, Bookbub, Audible, iTunes, or elsewhere.
- write a blog post about your favourite cozy book or author and tell others what it is you love about those books or that author's writing style
- follow your favourite cozy authors on their Amazon author pages, or on Twitter, Instagram, or other social media, maybe subscribe to their newsletter if you haven't already
- give a cozy mystery book to a friend or relative to borrow, or donate a book to your local library or school.
- set up a book signing and invite your favourite cozy mystery book author along to do a meet and greet, signing, talk, workshop, or writing retreat
- if you are an author or book blogger, why not use the #journorequest hashtag and see if they'll interview you about your passion for the genre.
- dress up as one of your favourite characters
- write your own cozy mystery story
- perform a cozy mystery story as a play at your local theatre (Agatha Christie has some screenplays/scripts if you need a place to start)
- take the day off and spend it reading and re-reading all the books on your to be read pile
- visit a place or location from a cozy mystery book
- host a cozy mystery book evening, fancy dinner, share stories, maybe play a game of cluedo, or imagine yourself as a member of the original Detection Club.
- write a poem based on a cozy mystery or character, or create a work of art - an embroidered image of Poirot, or a painting of Jessica Fletcher.
Pickle Themed Cozy Mystery Audiobooks
British Cozy Mysteries
Call For Submissions
Christmas Wish List
Cozy Mystery Audiobooks
Cozy Mystery Writing Resources
Crowdfunded Cozy Mysteries
Destinations And Locations
First Book In The Series
Home Renovation Cozies
How To Become A Full-Time Author
Isle Of Man Mysteries
Kindle Questions And Devices
Legal And Lawyer Cozies
LGBT Cozy Mysteries
Limited Edition Books For Collectors
New You Collection
Oceans Project Charity
Sarah Jane Weldon
Scottish Cozy Mysteries
Seaside And Coastal Mysteries
St Patrick's Day
Tea And Coffee Shop Cozies
Tea Themed Cozies