In honour of #cozymysteryday on the 15th September, I'm running a special offer over on my Patreon page.
What's in it for you? You pledge $1 a month as a patron, and as a thank you, you'll get ALL of my ebooks and audiobooks EVERY month for free, before anyone else, PLUS your name on the dedication page of my books (or opt-out if you prefer). You'll be supporting Free Book Friday which goes out to over 3000 people every week, and supporting the work of other folks such as cover designers, editors, narrators, and illustrators.
Plus, the first 100 patrons to join before the 15th September will receive a limited edition #cozymysteryday enamel pin in the post, AND I'll be sending you a little parcel in the post for Christmas as long as you are still a patron by then.
All the deets are on my Patreon page: https://www.patreon.com/SarahJaneWeldon
Why do I have a Patreon page? Because I want to make my books available to readers at the lowest cost possible, while still covering the cost of editing, covers, ISBN numbers, etc. This is an alternative to paying $3.99 per ebook on Amazon as patrons get my books for free as soon as I write them, and a final version as a MOBI, EPUB, or PDF before they come out on Amazon and elsewhere.
Observed annually on the 15th September (Agatha Christie's birthday), Cozy Mystery Day helps us to celebrate all of the wonderful cozy mystery books, authors, movies, and television series we have in the world.
Let's face it, there is nothing better than kicking back with a 'cozie' and a cup of cocoa by the fire after a rotten day at work, school, or in the daily grind of life. Cozy mystery books, movies, and shows are the perfect pick me up for any occasion.
Post a Selfie with a Magnifying Glass
Just for fun, let's all post a selfie with a magnifying glass on the 15th September and use the hashtag #cozymysteryday to see if we can get our favourite genre trending on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and across other social media platforms.
How Do I Celebrate #cozymysteryday and can Anyone Get Involved?
Cozy Mystery Day
Observed annually on the 15th September (Agatha Christie's birthday), Cozy Mystery Day helps us to celebrate all of the wonderful cozy mystery books and authors we have in the world.
Let's face it, there is nothing better than kicking back with a 'cozie' and a cup of cocoa by the fire after a rotten day at work, school, or in the daily grind of life. Cozy mystery books are the perfect pick me up for any occasion.
How to Observe
- share your favourite quote or line from a cozy mystery book
- post a photo of your ideal cozy reading spot
- cook up one of the recipes from the back of a culinary cozy mystery (this cozy mystery recipe book is free)
- knit or sew a pattern or make something from one of your favourite crafts, sewing, quilting, or crochet cozies
- send a card to your favourite cozy mystery author, or if you are an author, send a card to your readers or fans
- leave a review on a cozy mystery book on Amazon, Goodreads, Bookbub, Audible, iTunes, or elsewhere.
- write a blog post about your favourite cozy book or author and tell others what it is you love about those books or that author's writing style
- follow your favourite cozy authors on their Amazon author pages, or on Twitter, Instagram, or other social media, maybe subscribe to their newsletter if you haven't already
- give a cozy mystery book to a friend or relative to borrow, or donate a book to your local library or school.
- set up a book signing and invite your favourite cozy mystery book author along to do a meet and greet, signing, talk, workshop, or writing retreat
- if you are an author or book blogger, why not use the #journorequest hashtag and see if they'll interview you about your passion for the genre.
- dress up as one of your favourite characters
- write your own cozy mystery story
- perform a cozy mystery story as a play at your local theatre (Agatha Christie has some screenplays/scripts if you need a place to start)
- take the day off and spend it reading and re-reading all the books on your to be read pile
- visit a place or location from a cozy mystery book
- host a cozy mystery book evening, fancy dinner, share stories, maybe play a game of cluedo, or imagine yourself as a member of the original Detection Club.
- write a poem based on a cozy mystery or character, or create a work of art - an embroidered image of Poirot, or a painting of Jessica Fletcher.
British Cozy Mysteries
Call For Submissions
Christmas Wish List
Cozy Mystery Audiobooks
Cozy Mystery Writing Resources
Crowdfunded Cozy Mysteries
Destinations And Locations
First Book In The Series
Home Renovation Cozies
How To Become A Full-Time Author
Isle Of Man Mysteries
Kindle Questions And Devices
Legal And Lawyer Cozies
LGBT Cozy Mysteries
Limited Edition Books For Collectors
New You Collection
Oceans Project Charity
Sarah Jane Weldon
Scottish Cozy Mysteries
Seaside And Coastal Mysteries
St Patrick's Day
Tea And Coffee Shop Cozies
Tea Themed Cozies